This is a night you will not want to miss!
This is the 9th year the Students of Vision will be hosting a food drive during the month of February! We want to encourage you in the fun of helping others! After the food drive, we host a large celebration event that includes all the teenagers that participated. This year we are partnering with Airborne in Canton, GA for this event! We are thankful for their partnership! They are the largest Ariel Adventure Park in Georgia! From the Dodge Ball Tournament to the Slam Dunk Contest to just hanging out with new friends it will a great night. We want to fill the House of Hope van with canned goods. Check out their ministry and the van we want to fill up at HouseofHopeng.org
Here are a few ways you can get involved!
- Help us with the Food Drive. We will be collecting cans of food from February the 1st – March the 8th at Vision Baptist Church. You can drop your cans of food off in our foyer. You can also bring the cans on the night of the event. We ask for a minimum of 10 cans per participate but you will receive $10 off the entry of the celebration if you bring 50 cans or more!!
- Create a Dodge Ball team. We will have our annual dodge ball tournament at 2 am. Yes, you read that right! This tournament as been one of the favorite events during the night. This is great way to encourage 5 of your friends to join you! Team registration takes place at 12 am on the night of the event. We will play with teams of 6.
- Share this page with your friends.The way we see it. The more people who come, the more food we collect, the more good we can do. A great way to recruit people to come is to build a dodge ball team.
- DOORS OPEN at 10:00 pm (registration form, Airborne waiver, canned food donation and payment are required at this time.)
- Pre-Event Gathering at 10:30 pm (people called from the crowd for games, door prizes given away, presentation to the House of Hope)
- Pizza will be served at 12 am.
- AWARDS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS at 5:45 am (awards will be given out for each division and to the person who brought the largest amount of canned food.)
- Celebration Ends at 6:00 am
Dodge Hunger JR Edition!
Many of the younger kids who hear about this event would love to participate. This year we are making it possible for them to get involved in the fun. During the 10-12 am time frame, before the teenagers begin to take-over the trampoline park the kids will have a chance to jump!
- No advanced registration required.
- We would like to ask each kid for 5 cans of food and $15 for the 2 hours.
- For the safety of those at our event we will not allow anyone to enter the event after 10:30 am. We will also not allow a minor to leave the building without parental consent or notification.
- We will not tolerate disrespect to the staff of Airborne. They will be working diligently to provide a safe environment. We reserve the right to ask any adult or minor to leave the event. The rules of Airborne are clearly posted and will be reviewed before the start of the event.
- We cannot allow outside food or drinks. Pizza and drinks will be provided at 12 am. Other drinks will be provided throughout to help keep the participate hydrated. (Exceptions are made for medical conditions.)
Have any questions?
If you or your parents have any questions about Dodge Hunger, please feel free to give us a call. Our Student Pastor, Trent Cornwell, or one of the other members of Student Ministries team would love to talk to you and help you be prepared for this awesome event. You can call our offices at 770.456.5881 or email Trent@VisionBaptist.com